Thread poster: Dmitry Kornyukhov
Dmitry Kornyukhov
Dmitry Kornyukhov  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:43
English to Russian
+ ...
May 27, 2011

I'm just a beginner in using the Translation Workspace. When I opened the XLIFF Editor. The Following error occurred when I tried to connect:
"Login error, reason:You exceeded the number of computers allowed for connecting to Translation Workspace."
Any idea how to fix it? I just cant get it. how it could be possible that I'm not allowed to login because the number of computers allowed for connecting to Translation Workspace exceeds. Thank you for your comments!

elktranslations
elktranslations
Swedish to English
+ ...
Same here May 17, 2014

Hey Dmitry!

How did you solve this? I'm having the same problem today - and I only have one computer!!

megane_wang
megane_wang  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:43
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You exceeded the number of computers allowed... strikes again Apr 13, 2015

Hello,

I am suffering the ssame issue; this happened once last week and now again. I am on a real rush and there is no way to connect to Translation Workspace.

- I DON'T have other TWS related applications on
- I DO have checked the credentials
- I DO have restarted the computer (3 times to be precise)
- I DO have restarted the router, just in case (too strange to be useful, but I did it)

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? TWS suppor
... See more
Hello,

I am suffering the ssame issue; this happened once last week and now again. I am on a real rush and there is no way to connect to Translation Workspace.

- I DON'T have other TWS related applications on
- I DO have checked the credentials
- I DO have restarted the computer (3 times to be precise)
- I DO have restarted the router, just in case (too strange to be useful, but I did it)

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? TWS support has been useless so far and the PM is mad at me.

Ruth

[Edited at 2015-04-13 15:23 GMT]
Collapse

Eleanor McArthur
Eleanor McArthur  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to English
+ ...
Open the software first and then drag and drop the file after you've connected to the TM May 6, 2017

Hi there,

I was experiencing this same issue last week.

I eventually realised (after a great deal of frustration) that I only get the "Login error, reason: You exceeded the number of computers allowed for connecting to Translation Workspace" error message when I open a file directly with the Translation Workspace XLIFF editor without opening the software beforehand and then try to connect to the TM (eg. clicking on the file and selecting "open with... XLIFF editor" or
... See more
Hi there,

I was experiencing this same issue last week.

I eventually realised (after a great deal of frustration) that I only get the "Login error, reason: You exceeded the number of computers allowed for connecting to Translation Workspace" error message when I open a file directly with the Translation Workspace XLIFF editor without opening the software beforehand and then try to connect to the TM (eg. clicking on the file and selecting "open with... XLIFF editor" or simply double clicking on the file).

However when I open the Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor on its own first without a file, then connect to the TM, and THEN drag and drop the file, I can connect without any issues.

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, or if you've already tried doing this, but it certainly worked for me!

Hope this helps,

Eleanor
Collapse

Andreia Ferreira

Patrícia Louro Gomes
Patrícia Louro Gomes  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Contact the PM and request a new token Dec 6, 2018

Hi there!

I had this problem today, and since the solution was quite simple I'm posting it here: after contacting the PM with a description of the problem, they sent me another token to the TM. After setting it up online, I opened the XLIFF Editor, and was able to connect successfully to Translation Workspace.

I don't know if this will *always* work, or if there's another way around it, but in case you have this annoying message, contact the PM and request a new token.<
... See more
Hi there!

I had this problem today, and since the solution was quite simple I'm posting it here: after contacting the PM with a description of the problem, they sent me another token to the TM. After setting it up online, I opened the XLIFF Editor, and was able to connect successfully to Translation Workspace.

I don't know if this will *always* work, or if there's another way around it, but in case you have this annoying message, contact the PM and request a new token.

Hope it helps,
Patrícia
Collapse

Shiva Amin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Workspace

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »