How to Ignore Untranslatable Text in Trados 2015 with File in .txt format?
Thread poster: Lutfi Burhananda
Lutfi Burhananda
Lutfi Burhananda  Identity Verified
Indonesia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Apr 25, 2018

Hi everyone,

I am a new user of Trados 2015. I have a project that requires me to ignore all text code that written in .txt format.
Here are some examples of it:

[UIScript:setBustshotDialog(10381,0);]Haha, Saya dari dulu benar-benar menginginkan ini!
[UIScript:setBustshotDialog(10414,0);]Setelah datang di Keplan, suasana hatiku semakin baik setelah sekian lama!
[UIScript:setBustshotDialog(9901,0);]Sepertinya sekarang urusan tempat ini sudah selesai, ba
... See more
Hi everyone,

I am a new user of Trados 2015. I have a project that requires me to ignore all text code that written in .txt format.
Here are some examples of it:

[UIScript:setBustshotDialog(10381,0);]Haha, Saya dari dulu benar-benar menginginkan ini!
[UIScript:setBustshotDialog(10414,0);]Setelah datang di Keplan, suasana hatiku semakin baik setelah sekian lama!
[UIScript:setBustshotDialog(9901,0);]Sepertinya sekarang urusan tempat ini sudah selesai, bagaimana menurutmu? \nMaukah kau tinggal lebih lama di sini? Atau apa kita coba pergi ke daerah berikut? [Next]

Is there anyway to ignore the text between [], and symbols?
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:30
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Convert to Word and back Apr 25, 2018

You could open the .txt file in Word, use Find & Replace to hide all text between [] and the symbols you want to ignore, and save as a .docx, then translate the Word document. When finished, use Find & Replace to unhide all the hidden text and save as .txt again.

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 16:30
German to English
+ ...
Ignore untranslatable text Apr 27, 2018

A better solution would be to write a regular expression to tag such text as being untranslatable.

Project Settings → File Types → Text → Inline tags
Add rule → Rule Type → Tag pair

Where the "Tag pair" is a regex that describes the untranslatable text.
After exporting the translated text, the tags are restored to the original text.

Regards
Anthony Rudd

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Ignore Untranslatable Text in Trados 2015 with File in .txt format?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »