how to create a target document from a package?
Thread poster: jeromeb
jeromeb
jeromeb
France
Local time: 22:56
German to French
+ ...
Apr 26, 2018

hello,
I can't create a target document to be translated from a package. My client told me to use the button next to the arrow pointing down, but this option is grey and cannot be activated. I use Studio 2014.
Thanks
Jerome

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Jerome Apr 26, 2018

You cannot create a target document "from a package": a package is a ZIP.

To create a target document, you need to translate it first, then you can do either of the following:

- from the editor, click File - Save target as

- from the "Files" level right-click on the file you need, choose Batch tasks - Finalise.

jeromeb
jeromeb
France
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 26, 2018

Hello Nathalie
Thanks a lot. I tried both options, in both cases I get an error message in French which says roughly "saving target file failed - Impossible to find the definition of ID file type". This problem only occurs when I receive Packages.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 23:56
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You need the original Apr 26, 2018

If the customer has sent you only the xliff-files there is no way you could create the translated document in the original format. You can only export for review.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to create a target document from a package?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »