Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]
Poll: Has your location ever worked against you as a freelancer?
Autor de la hebra: ProZ.com Staff
Gennady Lapardin
Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Federación Rusa
Local time: 04:07
italiano al ruso
+ ...
Never May 2

What kind of freelancer you are if a location can obstruct your view? Age, sickness and unfriendly "care", these things, yes, are never at rest

Best wishes on the occasion of coming Eastern Easter, on May 5!

Gerard Barry
Gerard Barry
Alemania
Local time: 03:07
alemán al inglés
. May 3

Ezz Eldeen Mohammad wrote:

Might be worth mentioning that most freelance websites also exclude you if you're from a non-western country, the biggest example would be Upwork. I've even recently heard of someone "renting" US Upwork accounts which I found very amusing.

That is very unfair. Why do they do that?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Federación Rusa
Local time: 04:07
inglés al ruso
RE: What kind of freelancer you are May 4

Gennady Lapardin wrote:
What kind of freelancer you are if a location can obstruct your view?
Unfortunately for most Russian freelancers this is nothing more than just self-consolation. After February 24, 2022 I lost all my Western clients who paid "Western" rates. Obviously it has nothing to do with what translator I am. It is out of my control. Probably, if you work for local agencies that pay peanuts, nothing has changed for you.

Rachel Waddington
Angie Garbarino
Jianrong Sun

Jianrong Sun
Jianrong Sun  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 09:07
Miembro 2019
inglés al chino
+ ...
This situation is getting worse. May 5

This situation is getting worse.

For my language pair, location discrimination occurred from time to time before COVID-19; since the outbreak of COVID-19, the discrimination has become more severe (mainland China cannot apply, only Europe or North America can apply, regardless of rate).

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Has your location ever worked against you as a freelancer?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »