How to create a new user account in Outlook?
Autor wątku: Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 03:24
Członek ProZ.com
od 2002

angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
Mar 15, 2003

Hi,

I\'ve asked this before but nobody answered.

Using the Web hosting provided by Proz.com I created my own site and I\'m entitled to an e-mail account. I would like to receive the emails sent to my account using Outlook but I don\'t know how to configure it.

If my email is [email protected]

and my user account is cmyname

and my password is cmycode

Which are the server configuratio
... See more
Hi,

I\'ve asked this before but nobody answered.

Using the Web hosting provided by Proz.com I created my own site and I\'m entitled to an e-mail account. I would like to receive the emails sent to my account using Outlook but I don\'t know how to configure it.

If my email is [email protected]

and my user account is cmyname

and my password is cmycode

Which are the server configurations for the Outlock. I need the names of the POP3 and SMTP for incoming and outcoming emails.

Thank you very much!

Clarisa Moraña
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Polska
Local time: 10:24
Członek ProZ.com
od 2004

niemiecki > polski
+ ...
Dear Clarisa, Mar 15, 2003

it depends on your ISP (Internet Service Provider). You have to ask them for server settings.

BTW, Outlook is NOT the best mail client. Consider using Outlook Express, which is much more convenient as a TYPICAL mail client.

Regards

Andrzej

Andrea Ali
Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentyna
Local time: 05:24
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
Hi, Clarisa! Mar 15, 2003

You must ask your internet provider because both POP3 and SMTP vary according to the provider.

Good luck!

Andrea

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
Local time: 10:24
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
1. Click on Web Hosting Mar 15, 2003

2. First thing you see will be: \"For information on your domain(s), click below:\"

followed by (clickable) \"mysite.com\".

3. Click on \"mysite.com\" and print out the page that follows (instructions for configuring you account).

I can\'t specify further because from here on everything depends on your ISP and the smtp code it uses (your \"pop\" will be \"pop.mysite.com\", as the instructions will tell you).

... See more
2. First thing you see will be: \"For information on your domain(s), click below:\"

followed by (clickable) \"mysite.com\".

3. Click on \"mysite.com\" and print out the page that follows (instructions for configuring you account).

I can\'t specify further because from here on everything depends on your ISP and the smtp code it uses (your \"pop\" will be \"pop.mysite.com\", as the instructions will tell you).

Collapse

Carlos Moreno
Carlos Moreno  Identity Verified
Kolumbia
angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
It is really easy: all you have to do is pay! Mar 15, 2003

The free mail service you get in Proz is provided by Everyone.net, and I must say it is a very good service. But it does not give you pop3 or smpt access. To get these services, plus a 25 MB mailbox, spam filters, no ads, human service, a brand new Porsche, a piece of heaven, and everything else, you must pay USD$20 for one year.

If you are interested in learning more about these added services, in the mailbox information page of your email service, in the lower portiong, you can see a
... See more
The free mail service you get in Proz is provided by Everyone.net, and I must say it is a very good service. But it does not give you pop3 or smpt access. To get these services, plus a 25 MB mailbox, spam filters, no ads, human service, a brand new Porsche, a piece of heaven, and everything else, you must pay USD$20 for one year.

If you are interested in learning more about these added services, in the mailbox information page of your email service, in the lower portiong, you can see a list of the enhanced characteristics, plus a link to a still longer list of them, and another one to the purchase page.

If you already have a paid mail address, why don\'t you use it for your emails? I would.

(I lied. The Porsche is not new.)

And enjoy your work, as I do mine!
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
USA
Członek ProZ.com
od 2002

angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Than you, Parrot! Mar 15, 2003

As the wise Lorito said, the instructions were at \"Hosting\", I just had to click there twice, and follow the instructions!

Thank you, Parrot, and thank you all!

Clarisa

Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 09:24
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

francuski > angielski
+ ...
Porsche? Mar 17, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-03-15 15:54, CHMoreno wrote:

(I lied. The Porsche is not new.)

You mean it\'s second hand? Still a good deal if you ask me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create a new user account in Outlook?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »