Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you think translators in general dislike working in teams?
Auteur du fil: ProZ.com Staff
Caroline T.
Caroline T.  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:43
anglais vers français
+ ...
It depends but... May 19, 2011

Henry Hinds wrote:
After all, if we loved teamwork, we would be working at a company, not freelance as most of us are.

I think Henry's got a point here.
Teamwork can be enjoyable if you get to work with the right people. You cannot always choose your co-workers though and that's the problem.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:43
Membre (2007)
anglais vers portugais
+ ...
Same here! May 20, 2011

Joy Daniel wrote:

I think we freelancers generally choose that route so we don't have to work directly with others all day - I know I like that about it! But I've been lucky enough to collaborate with a couple of very talented translators on a couple of projects - we're on the same wavelength and I think have all learned from one another while we work. That is very satisfying in a usually isolating profession!

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
États-Unis
Local time: 15:43
Membre (2003)
espagnol vers anglais
+ ...
It depends . . . May 20, 2011

. . . on the colleagues' style. When I worked in an office and we were all trained to follow a similar writing style, it was a joy and an adventure to work on a team. As a free lance, I have found a few colleagues that I work well with, but not too many.

The same goes for writing. I have co-written articles with colleagues that turned out seamless because we had similar styles - but that's not usually the case.

Alain Dellepiane
Alain Dellepiane  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:43
Membre (2010)
anglais vers italien
+ ...
Random teams are bad, but your own is freedom May 21, 2011

I work in multimedia, where project size and schedule make it increasingly rare to work alone on a project. Tired of dealing with ever changing partners, we built and rationalized our own game localization team. It helps clients and makes our work life a little bit bettergame localization team. It helps clients and makes our work life a little bit better!

[Edited at 2011-05-21 23:01 GMT]
Collapse

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
Chine
Local time: 18:43
So am I! May 22, 2011

Henry Hinds wrote:

I can only speak for myself, I am a solo act, not a teamworker. I cannot work in a team setting; I cannot and will not work with anyone else on any project. But I am capable of providing magnificent support to any team... just give me the task and leave me alone, that's all I ask!

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you think translators in general dislike working in teams?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »