话题中的页数:   < [1 2]
Poll: How close are you to having the amount of clients/work you want?
论题张贴者: ProZ.com Staff
neilmac
neilmac
西班牙
Local time: 09:02
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
+ ...
100% Mar 30, 2023

I'd have a tough time taking on any more clients now.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
正式会员 (自2006)
Spanish西班牙语译成Dutch荷兰语
+ ...
Hard to say Mar 31, 2023

Clients come and go, but they do have a tendency to all knock at my door at the same time. A little spreading would be welcome.

Angie Garbarino

Laurent Di Raimondo
Laurent Di Raimondo  Identity Verified
法国
English英语译成French法语
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Accordion effect... Mar 31, 2023

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Clients come and go, but they do have a tendency to all knock at my door at the same time. A little spreading would be welcome.

I couldn't agree more!

I can't fathom out whether our profession is obedient to sort of natural or supernatural or whatever law or whether it depends on the whims of nature or something of a kind, but I always observe the same constant fact, which looks like a ruthless logic: You get not a single project for a few days and all of a sudden you happen to land projects after projects coming out of the blue and from everywhere to be delivered mostly by the same deadline each... That's what I would call the "accordion effect".

A little spreading wouldn't come amiss indeed. Hence the necessity of cloning yourself sometimes, as Baran suggested.

[Modifié le 2023-04-01 04:13 GMT]

Angie Garbarino
Robert Rietvelt

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
法国
French法语译成English英语
. Apr 1, 2023

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Sometimes I imagine they have meetings to decide when to all come knocking. And to decide the order in which they come knocking, because it's usually someone with a boring text who'll come first. I take it because I'm bored, but then three more things pop up and each is more interesting and better paid than the previous one!

Robert Rietvelt

话题中的页数:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How close are you to having the amount of clients/work you want?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »