Spanish Law Question (Catalonia)
Thread poster: Jim Morrissey
Jim Morrissey
Jim Morrissey
Local time: 20:18
Dec 6, 2015

I'm translating a law from Spanish to English for a class and was wondering if this law ( http://boe.es/boe/dias/2014/11/20/pdfs/BOE-A-2014-11990.pdf ) is an autonomous law. I believe that it is, but wasn't sure if it was first passed by the national government and then ratified by Catalonia. Can anyone help me understand better how this law fits into the overall hierarchy of S... See more
I'm translating a law from Spanish to English for a class and was wondering if this law ( http://boe.es/boe/dias/2014/11/20/pdfs/BOE-A-2014-11990.pdf ) is an autonomous law. I believe that it is, but wasn't sure if it was first passed by the national government and then ratified by Catalonia. Can anyone help me understand better how this law fits into the overall hierarchy of Spanish government. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

[Edited at 2015-12-06 20:05 GMT]
Collapse

sabrino
sabrino  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 02:18
French to Japanese
+ ...
La página que solicita no existe Dec 6, 2015

Interesting subject, Cataluna, but 404 is returned.

P Forgas
P Forgas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:18
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
right link Dec 6, 2015

I`m afraid I connot help you, but here`s the right link:

http://boe.es/boe/dias/2014/11/20/pdfs/BOE-A-2014-11990.pdf

cheers,

P.

Kirsten Larsen (X)
Kirsten Larsen (X)
Spain
Spanish to Danish
+ ...
Catalonia Dec 6, 2015

It is a Catalonian law. No doubt about that.

Regards,
Kirsten

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Catalonia Dec 6, 2015

Indeed. You can see that in section 3, paragraph 1: "This law aplies within the territory of Catalonia...".

Jim Morrissey
Jim Morrissey
Local time: 20:18
TOPIC STARTER
What is the larger context in Spain? Dec 6, 2015

Thank you - yes I see that is applied to Catalonia. However, I'm curious as to whether this is just an autonomous law or is part of a larger law that the State government of Spain has issued, i.e. is this the Catalonian approval of a larger context. The specifics are geared toward Catalonian citizens, but I'm curious as to where this fits in the larger part of Spanish law.

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
Autonomía Dec 7, 2015

Hello Jim.

This law is an autonomic one:

"el Parlamento de Cataluña ha aprobado y yo,
en nombre del Rey y de acuerdo con lo que establece el artículo 65 del Estatuto de
autonomía de Cataluña, promulgo la siguiente Ley 11/2014 erradicar la homofobia, la bifobia y la transfobia".

So it's only applicable in Catalonia.

Here I paste an article where they demand a similar law for Spain
... See more
Hello Jim.

This law is an autonomic one:

"el Parlamento de Cataluña ha aprobado y yo,
en nombre del Rey y de acuerdo con lo que establece el artículo 65 del Estatuto de
autonomía de Cataluña, promulgo la siguiente Ley 11/2014 erradicar la homofobia, la bifobia y la transfobia".

So it's only applicable in Catalonia.

Here I paste an article where they demand a similar law for Spain as a whole:

http://www.elmundo.es/espana/2015/01/06/54aaebaae2704ee9788b4591.html

I hope this helps!

Have a nice week.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish Law Question (Catalonia)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »