Are non-EU payers, i.e. non-EU LSPs paying their translators, charged by Smartcat?
Thread poster: Georgi Kovachev
Georgi Kovachev
Georgi Kovachev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 14:43
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Mar 28

I couldn't find any thread on this topic, except one regarding payments to Russia. I see Smartcat allows to request payments for non-Smartcat projects and charges payees 2.9% for payouts by bank cards in EUR or USD and 2% for PayPal in USD, which is less compared to PayPal. Maybe location matters, I reside in Bulgaria.

Do they also charge payers? What is your experience?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Regards,
Georgi

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:43
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Georgi Mar 28

All my non-EU customers pay through Wise, TransferMate and more recently through Revolut. Payments go directly to my bank account at no cost for me.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Ask Smartcat Mar 28

I receive payments from Smartcat and I don't pay anything even for non-Smartcat projects. However I suggest that you should ask their support team by email: [email protected]

Georgi Kovachev
Georgi Kovachev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Maria and Stepan Apr 1

Dear Maria and Stepan,

Thank you for your feedback!

This rate is for withdrawing money to a bank account. I guess crediting somebody's balance entails no charge.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are non-EU payers, i.e. non-EU LSPs paying their translators, charged by Smartcat?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »